Usually, if I participate in the Random Dozen, I try to get it up EARLY. That didn't happen this week. Lidna over at 2nd Cup's meme is up and ready to linky.
1.What is your favorite Mexican dish?
Chile rellenos. Green chile chicken enchiladas. Or Christmas (red + green chile) or….hey, I live in NM…I can’t choose.
2. When you were a kid, did you get started on your homework right away after school, or did you procrastinate?
Right away, usually.
3. What is your favorite store for home furnishings?
An antique store? Mor?
4. When you were young, did you like school lunches?
Yes…worked in the cafeteria and got free lunch. Pizza Fridays….mmmmmmmmm
5. Is religion a crutch?
Organized religion can be. I have a relationship with God. It’s not a crutch. It is my entire life and reason for being. I think that organized religion can become a rote practice in which one doesn't have to think, but they just kind of put themselves on autopilot and go through the motions. The rituals can be comforting because they are familiar, but they don't make any impact on anyone. Changed lives change lives.
6. In your region, what is the "big" (most popular in the community or state) high school sport?
Football & basketball…but soccer is catching up.
7. Do you consider yourself rich?
I am richly blessed. Monetarily, it’s pretty much subjective. If you have access to $20 in cash you are wealthier than something like 80% of the world’s population. If you are asking about other riches, I am rich beyond measure.
8. Which of these would you have the best chance for success in administering:
B) Heimlich Maneuver
C) Changing a flat tire
CPR. They just simplified it. Do it to the beat of Stayin’ Alive by the Bee Gees and you’re good.
9. Which dance would you prefer to learn & why:
B) Hip Hop
Waltz…someday I will dance at my children’s weddings and I don’t want to totally embarrass them.
10. What's the worst news you've ever delivered to someone?
I had to tell some of the kids in my youth group that their aunt had died from an overdose. While they were at my oldest son’s graduation party. Tragic. And once I had to tell close friends that they had been betrayed publicly.
11. Name something you learned in college that had nothing to do with classes or academics.
The calories in a Frontier cinnamon roll are conversely effected by the amount of caffeine consumed and the laughter of the people with whom you consume said roll and caffeine.
12. New variation on an old question: If there's a song in your head that just won't get out, what is your favorite (or most repeated) line in that song?
This is so embarrassing. “California girls, we’re unforgettable; Daisy Dukes, bikinis on top. Sun kissed skin so hot we’ll melt your popsicle oh-oh-oh-oh-oh”
Now that I've totally humiliated myself, post your own and link up.