One dark and windy night

God is so good, so faithful. I was driving home from a closing the other night, just thinking about how blessed I am. I mean, not just saved, but TOTALLY blessed. My family, my friends, my church home. Then a truck stopped right in front of me in the middle of the street. A gigantum 4-wheel drive with dark tinted windows. No stop sign. This person obviously had something to say to me. And it was dusk. And cold and windy. And the driver’s door opened. My heart hiccuped a little. Out from behind the wheel of this huge manly 4-wheel drive stepped my petite little red-haired neighbor. We don’t see each other often, but had run into each other that morning at Starbucks. And then, apparently bigredtruck being oh so recognizable to her and everyone else in this town, she saw I was behind her. So she stopped and wanted to know what was going on in my life and how she could pray for me. She said she figured that since she never sees me and now that it had been twice in one day, the Holy Spirit was prompting her with something. Isn’t that great? Then she shared with me a time that my sweet Ted had gone into spiritual battle for her. And that battle had been won. I never cease to be blown away by how many people we touch as we go through our normal day-to-day routines. And how mightily God can show up then. I wasn’t feeling down at all....very content and full. And her taking the time out of her day to stop and tell me she had been praying for me just FILLED ME UP all the way to OVERFLOW.
Yep. God is good GREAT.

Comments

Missy said…
Pam, I think you may be the first person to ever tell me it gets easier.

BLESS YOU!

:)
Physically, anyway. And even emotionally on some levels. Maybe it's being more secure in me and who I am in Him. But mostly, I think, it's less sleep deprivation. And knowing that everyone can buckle their own seatbelts and wipe their own bottoms always helps, too. ;-). I love your blog and it's blessed my. I'm so new at this and so insecure in it (blogging thing)...I think that maybe Linda Crow and I are TSAB. I am a youth worker, 40-something mom of 3 teens and a pre-teen, obessed with LOST and trouser jeans who is a ministy assistant and youth worker. THANK you for sharing your beautiful children with me and reminding me how it was just a blink of an eye ago. Laugh now, and often. And then when your babies are older, they can laugh often with you...
Missy said…
I am looking forward to laughing with them! Oh, and I am looking forward to them wiping their own bottoms too :)

And if you have to be TSAB with someone, Linda's a good twin :)

Popular posts from this blog

THAT kind of neighbor, Toilets, Accidental Brunette-dness and the RD

Random Dozen October 7

S-kating along plus another Random Dozen