The Dozen that's Random...again....

Lidna over at 2nd Cup’s Random Dozen has this week's meme up and available. I told myself I wouldn’t post again until I had a real post, but, man—I love having prompts! Please go online and donate for our 30 Hour Famine, post your own answers and then link up over at Lid’s. And it’s really very nice to comment on some other blogs too!

1. How do you feel about "Gladiator" sandals, also called "Roman" or "Jesus" sandals? A fashion yea or nay?
NAY! Well, maybe on Russell Crowe. But I’ve never seen a pair that really flatters a female leg.

2. What is your favorite pizza?
We have a local institution called Dion’s. They make a personal sized crisp crust pizza called the Santorini. It’s a white pizza with red onions, calamata olives, fresh tomatoes and spinach, feta and Romano cheese with basil…a party in your mouth.

3. There are plans in the works to sell roughly 1,000 items from Star Trek: The Experience in Las Vegas. This means you could buy Picard's chair for your family room. If not a Star Trek item, what prop, background, set, etc. from what TV or movie would you buy if you could?
[Ex: Hurley's "I Love my Shih tzu" shirt from LOST, the plantation home "Tara" from Gone With the Wind, or Tracy's tambourine from the Partridge Family.]
The house from Home Alone…paid for with utilities too! OH! And if it were just for sentimental reasons, I think I'd like to own the potter's wheel from Ghost

4. Name a local food or restaurant that your area is famous for.
Dion’s…see #2. And Sadie’s used to be in a bowling alley. They make the best green chile stew evah. It’ll tear the roof right outta your mouth.

5. What is your current favorite snack?
Raw, unsalted almonds.

6. Hypothetical: You are required to be a reality show contestant. Which show would you choose based on your probability of success? (You cannot choose "none.")

A. Dancing with the Stars
B. Biggest Loser
C. Survivor
I can’t dance and my idea of roughing it is if the Winnebago doesn’t have a microwave. I’ll have to go with B.

7. On a scale of 1-10, with 1 being uninhabitable and 10 being cleanliness that meets the standards of OCD, how clean is your vehicle's interior?
2. A gallon of milk leaked last week. If anyone has any ideas of how to eradicate the smell of death from my biggerredtruck, I’d be forever grateful.

8. It doesn't feel like Spring until _________.
I hear baby birds chirping from their nest in the ivy on the side of my garage. And I buy the large economy size of generic Zyrtec from Sam's Club.

9. Something that made you laugh really hard recently is ____.
Got VERY giggly at youth group on Sunday attempting to teach the
True Love Waitscurriculum. A little bit too risque to post here on a family blog, but let's just say I had to define a street word that indicates arousal to a bunch of 13-16 year olds....and then explain what "aroused" means....sigh


10. Tell me about a goal you're working toward.
Had I been slacking of and pre-writing my answers yesterday, it would’ve been my taxes and Ty’s FAFSA. Having COMPLETED them both, I am now working on the 30 Hour Famine and losing 25 lbs, but need you all to know that I am NOT doing the Famine to lose weight. Donate HERE please!



11. Share a thought-provoking or inspiring quote this week.
"If a mountain was smooth, you wouldn't be able to climb it" - unknown May your mountains be rugged enough for your to gain purchase, yet gentle enough for you to be able to focus not on your feet and the treachery, but on the Glorious Summit!

12. Name one thing that you do as a parent that you absolutely know will make your kids happy. If you're not a parent, feel free to substitute "friend" or nomenclature that works for you.
Make chicken fried steak with all the traditional accompaniments. And yes, it makes kids, parents, husbands and friends alike happy.

Wanna play?

Comments

SouthLakesMom said…
#7 ooh, bad news. I heard Click & Clack on Car Talk last weekend talking about this...apparently there is nothing that will eradicate milk smell that is any kind of fiber (seats, carpets)...they suggested buying the most overpowering perfumed car freshener you can find and pass out from those fumes instead.

#9 - Youth Group -- oh my, I can just imagine. Praise God that they DID NOT know what the word meant! I mean, these days, the kids often know more than we ever did!
Anonymous said…
Oh no - the milk I have no advice. I had that happen in an old car - I just sprayed febreeze on it each time I got into the car. I tried a lot of things - washing with vinegar and water and much more - nothing really seemed to get rid of it.

The pizza sound to die for! Yumm
debseveryday said…
loved your answers! I thought about ol' Russell for #1 also :)

Popular posts from this blog

THAT kind of neighbor, Toilets, Accidental Brunette-dness and the RD

Random Dozen October 7

S-kating along plus another Random Dozen