10 Truths Brought Back Home to me in 2008
1. Sometimes haircolor in a box works. Sometimes it doesn't.
2. It's best to shred as you go. But if you don't, or if you have multiple years of back stuff, Adelante is a wonderful organization that charges only $.14 a pound and the mentally challenged guys who work there LOVE to help you unload your bigredtruck.
3. Sometimes God says no.
4. If you happen to adopt a little dog, you will be reduced to talking baby talk to her. And so will all your kids. Which is very touching coming from a 15 and 17 year old who shave and are 2nd degree brown belts. And you husband may turn all mushy, too.
5. It is never a good idea when someone says, "Let's go toilet-papering!"
6. After you pass age 40, you heal much more slowly and much less completely.
7. Orthopedic surgeons are almost ALWAYS good looking. I've had 2 surgeries this year. I'm talking Grey's Anatomy or Private Practice good looking. Don't let their good looks get you so twitterpated that you are unable to form a coherent sentence and forget half of what you wanted to ask them.
8. If you have one person in the world whom you can call a true friend, you are rich. I am a ba-zillionairess. At least one of you reads this, Rachel.
9. Mercy limits mercy. Think about it.
10. God is good. God is