Yes, someday I will write an actual post, with actual content. But until then, play along with Lidna at 2nd Cup with this fun meme....
1. What was the last song you listened to?
How to Save a Life by the Fray
2. Have you ever had “buyer’s remorse” over anything?
Many times...most often over 'bargain clothing' that turns out to be not such a bargain when it requires complicated underwear, alterations or it just plain doesn't fit.
3. What is something in your life that you are thankful for now that you didn’t think you would be at the time of the event? (Something that seemed ill-timed, inconvenient or hurtful which turned out to be a good thing)
When I first saw the house I now live in, I really didn't like it very much. It was about 25 miles from work and had been left vacant for several months. Now the area around it has grown, and I probably wouldn't have met most of my close friends if I lived in another area. Plus, I love my home!
4. Do you watch the Macy’s Thanksgiving Parade every year? If so, do you have a favorite float or balloon?
I don't watch the whole thing, but I really love Snoopy.
5. Share a quote, scripture, poem or lyric which has been an inspiration to you lately.
This has been more of a challenge to me than an inspiration. It is John Piper from God is the Gospel: "The critical question for our generation—and for every generation— is this: If you could have heaven, with no sickness, and with all the friends you ever had on earth, and all the food you ever liked, and all the leisure activities you ever enjoyed, and all the natural beauties you ever saw, all the physical pleasures you ever tasted, and no human conflict or any natural disasters, could you be satisfied with heaven, if Christ were not there?" I am just finishing up leading a study called Crazy Love. It is an outstanding book. Unless you are satisfied with being a good Christian and love things comfortable and have a good family, good life, good job and all is good....very challenging!
6. This is meant to be a fun question, and this is a G-rated blog, but please share a “guilty pleasure,” something that you enjoy that’s probably not the most edifying, time-worthy or healthy thing you could be indulging in. Did I mention this blog is rated G?
Useless tv shows: Grey's Anatomy, Trauma...and Limon' Potato Chips. Preferably together...sigh..
7. What Thanksgiving food are you looking forward to?
Um...mashed potatoes? Which I make pretty frequently anyway....not a huge turkey girl.
8. What is your favorite book to read to children, or what was your favorite childhood book?
Goodnight Moon to read. Bunny Blue was my favorite as a child.
9. Do you collect anything? (Feel free to post a photo.)
I used to collect teapots and charms for my charm bracelet. Now I pretty much collect dust.
10. Gift bags or wrapping paper?
I feel like bags are more environmentally friendly, but love the way a prettily wrapped gift looks. And not that I'm lazy or anything, but bags are so much easier. Ok, yes...I am lazy.
11. Share an after-school memory from when you were younger. What was your routine like on an average day?
Hmmm...in elementary school, I would come home and get a snack of a sugar sandwich (thanks for pre-diabetes mom--a slice of white break slathered with margarine and sprinkled with white sugar and folded over on itself..mmmm)) and Gilligan's Island on tv...
12. True story: Once, in a job interview, I was asked this question and told there would be no clarifying; I simply had to answer the question: “When you’re fishing, do you feel for the fish?” So what about you? Do you feel for the fish??
Um. I'm not sure what this means? Fish feel slimy? Or do I feel sorry for them? I feel kind of sorry for the worms...ok, I guess I'm clarifying...
Now let's get crazy and link up!<