Delayed Gratification....Random Dozen


Lidna, over at 2nd Cup, continues the random dozen extravaganza. She's so smart. Won't you come play?
1. How good are you at delaying gratification?
Funny you should ask. Going through some Crown Ministries things right now. I think I am pretty good when it comes to the “big” stuff, but as far as peanut M & M’s…not so much…
2. Maybe a marshmallow wouldn't be too difficult a temptation for you. What food (or anything else) would be most tempting?
See #1. Also Lay’s Limon Potato Chips (aka Crack).
3. On a scale of 1-10 (10 being saintly) how patient are you?
Probably a 7.5. I am situationally patient. If it’s a thing that the person I have to be patient towards has no real control (or experience; read here: new at this) I’m pretty good. If it’s because of an unthinking error or for the umpteenth time, again…not so much…
4. Have you ever waited for something in life only to be disappointed upon realization of the goal/object/etc.?
The older I get, the less this happens, but when I was younger, it was definitely a struggle for me. I was once labeled as an “incomplete perfectionist.” Because I felt like the finished project would never measure up, I seldom completed anything. Sometimes it still happens…I’m teaching myself to crochet right now and …ick.
5. Are you a person who takes shortcuts?
Yes. Yes, I do.
6. Which line is hardest to wait in?
Lines don’t bother me too much. See # 3. I’d like to say I pray while waiting, but pretty much I zone out. I really dislike drive thru lines and will generally walk inside now, be it bank or fast food restaurant. Of course, I have no toddlers. When my kids were little, drive thrus were my bestest friends.

7. Did you wait to discover the gender of your unborn child until its birth?
Yes and no. Not a BURNING desire and back in the day, ultrasounds weren’t a routine procedure as they are now. That being said. Number one had to have a biophysical profile the day before I went into labor and the technician slipped. We didn’t want to know that time. Number two was a surprise. So much so, that Ted wouldn’t consider a boy’s name ahead of time and he went unnamed for about 12 hours. Number three, my neighbor snuck me in and we found out (already had the 2 boys). Number 4 had about 5 ultrasounds because he was a big guy and dates didn’t match size. There was not a chance that what I was looking at was a thumb. It was pretty obvious. So Caleb, really, was the only surprise.
8. Are you more patient with children or the elderly?
The elderly, definitely. My notary work calls for me to do reverse mortgage applications and signings and some of them are my favorite times. Some are sad, but I imagine how I’d want someone to treat my folks if they were still living and go from there. They have contributed too much to this world and have to great a wealth of experience to slough off.
9. Did you ever sneak a peek at a present?
Yes, and I’m not proud of it. And acting surprised when I got it…well, let’s just say I wouldn’t have won a nomination for the best actress.
10. What is the longest you've ever waited for anything?
I’ll let you know when I get there…
11. Who has more patience, you or your significant other?
He is with our kids. I am with people/situations outside our family.12. Which of the following songs about waiting is your pick for the best? (OK, you may substitute another, if you like.)
Lovin’ the Carly Simon song…remember the ketchup commercial? Or was it catsup?A) Anticipation by Carly Simon
B) The Waiting by Tom Petty
C) Right Here Waiting for You by Richard Marx
D) Wait for Me by Rebecca St. James


Post yours and pop over to Linda's to link up....

Comments

Nel said…
Enjoyed your answers. Thanks for sharing!

until next time... nel

Popular posts from this blog

THAT kind of neighbor, Toilets, Accidental Brunette-dness and the RD

Random Dozen October 7

S-kating along plus another Random Dozen