Thinks I thunk about LOST tonight:
1. Claire: REALLY? You are 8 months pregnant and going to willingly...VOLUNTARILY get in a cab with a person that was holding a gun on you about 10 minutes ago. REALLY?
2. I've seen the guy who cut off Kate's handcuffs before. Was he one of the original others? Or is he just a character actor from another series? I think they don't do that kind of thing on this show and he's ba-ack...but from where?
3. Ethan looks just as creepy. He is one skeevy guy.
4. Sawyer cries pretty. Real pretty.
5. Do you really think the cops would've left the hospital room without checking around for Kate. And I didn't catch Kate's alias (Joan something?). That name is sure to have some kind of hidden meaning.
6. Miles is kind of growing on me. Like a fungus.
7. So if Sayid and Claire have been 'claimed' by the darkside, does that mean that Rousseau was claimed by them earlier? Did Claire get the waterboard treatment as well? And how, exactly, did torturing Sayid prove to them that he was 'claimed?' Is this 'claiming' the same sickness that Rousseau said her team was infected with that led her to kill them all, including her husband, the father of her unborn child?
8. What's up with Claire's Rousseau-like hair? Somehow, Claire and Rousseau seem to be tied other than just having lots in common.
9. Saywer wasn't meant to be alone. I got a little welly in that scene, I have to admit. Have you heard that people are now calling the Sawyer-Kate couple-dom thing Skate, like Bennifer and Brangelina? That's just...I have no words...
10. I am assuming that Sawyer got the ring from the box he unearthed from the floorboards in his house. Did he have it with him when the plane crashed?
Still more questions than answers....
Linda over at 2nd cup is back with the weekly Random Dozen. So if my LOST observations weren't scintillating enough for you, here's my take. Lid's doing a giveaway, so post your own and pop on over to her place to enter....
1. Are you pleasant when you're ill, or are you a grumpy, fussy patient?
Mostly, I’m a pretty pleasant patient. I tend to just pull the covers over my head and don’t want anyone around, though…..
2. When you find out that school is cancelled (due to inclement weather) what is your gut reaction?
LOVE 2-hour delays. Hate the cancellations, because I don’t want to face the whole make-up day thing. Love being able to get up and fix a leisurely breakfast and enjoy it with the kids, though…
3. What is one domestic skill you wish you could improve?
I am hopelessly cluttered. I think I may even be on the way to being a hoarder….
4. Do you decorate your home for Valentine's Day?
No, not since my kids were very small. Once, when I was hosting a bunko game during the week of Valentine’s day.
5. What song is on your mind today?
“How He Loves” This version, with a wet sloppy kiss:
6. Do you prefer contemporary movies or classic?
Contemporary classics? Probably more contemporary...I bore easily and have recently discovered that I'm not really much of a movie person.
7. How well do you "compartmentalize" your feelings? For example, how well can you put aside a really trying moment to deal with the immediate situation which is not related to the trying moment, e.g., putting aside a tiff with your spouse in order to finish wallpapering a room.
I am excellent at this. Especially when it comes to dealing with emergent situations (broken bones, broken hearts, etc). My mind kicks into crisis mode and I ‘deal.’ When it’s all over I may have a meltdown, usually by myself.
8. What is the first thing that attracted you to your spouse? (Or if you're single, to your best friend.)
His eyes. And then, oh…his everything. I used to race to my car in the senior parking lot after school and wait until I saw him coming so he could ‘let’ me back out in front of him. He was such a gentleman! He even came over to my house to ask my parents if he could take me out on a date. He had them wrapped around his little finger, to say the least.
9. When was the last time your heart raced?
When I just missed getting hit on the road the other day. OH! Were we speaking of romance? Hmm....
10. What are your memories of Valentine's Day at school?
Conversation hearts that didn’t say weird things like ‘TEXT ME.’
We’d make mailboxes and distribute valentines to our classmates and I would agonize over which one to send to who. And when I got them home, I would read them over and over again. They almost never had candy or treats with them (any of them...only the really rich kids, really), and they had envelopes instead of cheesy little seals with a foldover flap.
11. If you were going to receive candy for Valentine's Day, which would you prefer?
12. Red or pink?
Red…it can be mild or it can be mild.