I can pinch a penny....

until it SCREAMS!!!! So....I love love love love Seven brand jeans. Both for me and my daughter. They totally rock. My absolute favorites are some trouser jeans that I got for dirt cheap and every time I wear them, I get tons of compliments. So today when lovely daughter and her friend went with me to the mall, I hit the clearance racks where they were having...get this....$59.99 jeans marked down to $15. But that's not even the whole of it....they were buy one, get one FREE! And THAT'S not even the whole of it! I had a coupon from buying my last workout shoes that was worth $10 towards a $20 or more purchase. Tried a pair on (yes, they had my size)...and unfortunately I've reached the conclusion (or maybe fortunately for those who must look at me from behind) that once women have reached a certain age, they should NOT wear skinny jeans. Oh, well. Went on to meet Amy and Hannah at the food court. Amy wanted to see if she could find some. At 13, she definitely is the proper age bracket for skinny jeans. Found 2 pair...YES!! $15 EACH. But now my only dilemma was finding the extra $5 thing. SO....I went upstairs and tried like the dickens to find black a-shirts for Tyler in a men's small....no dice. They had some in boys' 18-20, but they were in a pkg with one grey and one black...and he needs black to wear under his uniform. So I still HAD to find the whole extra $5 thing to spend, so I could make my purchase total $20 before my coupon. I had FINALLY found the ubiquitous pair of really cute brown sequined flip-flops (for don't we all just need another pair of flip-flops?), and was headed for the register when, low and behold, right by the register was another BO-GO table...found 2 absolutely adorable printed spring hoodies that were white with little black flowers....marked $8 and one was free, mind you. Nixed the flips...didn't really love them. Decided on the spot to treat Amy and her friend to matching hoodies, of course. Got to the register to check out. Got my subtotal, declined the nice young thing when she asked if I wanted a credit card and gave her my $10 coupon. So, the bottom line is...TOTAL for this purchase of 2 pair of jeans originally priced at $60 each and 2 hoodies originally priced $32 each was (drumroll, please).....

$13.48 INCLUDING TAX!!!!

Do I rock or what?!?

Comments

Anonymous said…
Aunt Pam you know I can pinch my share of penny's mom and I went shopping the other day and got a bunch of stuff for David, mind you we can't just go to any old store usually. But I decided that it was time for my wonderful non-selfish husband to get new clothes. We went to K-mart(just because) and low and behold they had his size, on clearance plus an extra 75% off. I ended up getting him 15 new shirts the boys about 10 outfits each next years winter coats for all the kids and mom and i got about 20 tops and 3 pairs of jeans. grand total........


75.35 including tax I guess it's just in our blood. By the way I did get new flip-flops my to Davids dismay. Love ya Steph
Well, I know it's my first time visiting here, but I must say, you are my new hero. Way to shop! I came over from Missy's blog. I love to find women bloggers my own age (I'm 45) who have teenagers. I have a 21, 19 and 15 year old who genuinely LOVE each other. It's my dream come true (sibling situation like yours). Also--get this--I am a ministry assistant AND I have a tiny little Yorkie!

Popular posts from this blog

THAT kind of neighbor, Toilets, Accidental Brunette-dness and the RD

Random Dozen October 7

S-kating along plus another Random Dozen