4 Walls to Hear Me...

Plumbing has been moved.....




Walls have been removed......


And replaced......(notice the lovely NON view of our toilet!!!). We love having someone go potty and not hearing the musical (or not) details that go along with that. And we can watch a movie in the living room and someone can now flush the toilet without drowning out the dialog. Walls are highly underrated. I feel for those poor women who came west to follow their men and pan for gold who ended up in tents. Forget indoor plumbing (yeah, we lost that for a couple of days, too). Walls were what I would have longed for! All that's left is new vanity, cabinet and linen closet. Can't take too long, right? I know that they are an odd size, so they have to be custom made, but...not too long, right? Humor me, anyway.

Perhaps I spoke too soon with my huge praise about the insurance company. Turns out the check they wrote us will not cover the vanity and linen cabinet that had to be replaced because of "the flood." They are going to try to "get to it" today...I think that means reviewing our claim. Regardless of what they decide, we'll have to forge ahead. The boys can't keep brushing their teeth in the kitchen or garage sink. Or doing their hair in my bathroom. Because they don't have a sink or mirror or cabinet in their bath. We came home from vacation on July 11. It's now August 5. We're moving up on 4 weeks. We need to get this finished.

Other than helping hubs with putting up sheetrock, I've been putting in lots of hours doing planning for our annual church-wide retreat. As crabby as I get with my family (and I vow not to this year. No. Really. I promise.), I have to say that planning this annual event is one of the best parts of my job. This year, we're doing lots of trust initiative things and we have this really cool event planned called ExtremePeaceNon-CompetitivePointsDon'tMatterButTimingIsEverythingSoulRioCupChallenge. Guess who came up with that catchy little title? If you've ever been to a Centrifuge Youth Camp, think "mega-relay" on steroids for adults.

I also got to go to the O2 Experience, a purity event, for the youth in our city. The first band, Wavorly, wasn't my favorite, but the kids liked them. Levi Lusko presented a clear gospel message, along with testimony from a local secular radio dj. We had one of the girls who one of our girls had invited go forward at the invitation to accept Christ. They had an hour long (actually about 2 hours) intermission with food and soft toys like Sumo Suits and Bungee Runs. The 2nd half was the purity message, titled Purity in a Sexual Smog. It wasn't your run-of-the-mill "just say no talk." It tugged my heart and I know it impacted our youth for Christ. The event was sold out...not sure how many were in attendance, but I know the auditorium seats thousands....

In short, I haven't been here for almost 2 weeks. And this is a really boring post. And I know that inquiring minds are not really all that interested. But, hey. I have walls. In the bano (say bahn-yo). Life is looking up.




Comments

Anonymous said…
Nice walls! It could be worse: did I ever tell you that on the last day of school when I was in 6th grade, I came home to find my mother tearing out the tile in our shower? In our only bathroom. Two tiles had come loose and she thought it would motivate my dad to fix them. (She's a little crazy, but not in the fun way.) He eventually finished the project - in the spring 7th grade year.
(Rachel)

Popular posts from this blog

THAT kind of neighbor, Toilets, Accidental Brunette-dness and the RD

Random Dozen October 7

S-kating along plus another Random Dozen