Fall into Flavor, Week 3





Head on over to 2nd cup for some great recipes and discerning political banter. I can't wait to try out the Carrot Cake recipe....yum yum yum....


And here's my entry (I know, another soup-type thing--can we see a theme here?)


White Chile (8-10 servings)

6 c. chicken broth1 lb.


Great Northern beans (Clean and soak overnight, or use canned)


1 sm chopped onion


1 clove minced garlic


7 oz. diced green chiles


2 tsp. cumin


2 tsp. oregano


1 tsp. cayenne
1 tsp white pepper
Salt, to taste
4 c. chicken, dicedFlour tortillas

Combine all ingredients except tortillas. For canned beans, simmer approx 1 to 1 ½ hours. For dried, throw it all in a slow cooker and simmer all day. (best when cooked all day—flavors “meld”)

Put a flour tortilla in the bottom of a bowl and kind of cone-shape it so it follows the shape of the bowl. Fill with the white chile and then serve with desired garnishes. Easily adapted for a bigger crowd.


Use any of the following garnishes: shredded cheese (jack/cheddar), chopped green onions, chopped olives, chopped avocados, chopped tomatoes.
(I composed this in Word...don't know why it's doing the weird spacing stuff...)

Comments

Cheryl said…
YUMMM!
I haven't made white chili in probably 5 years. I'll definitely be making some again real soon!
Cindy Swanson said…
This looks fantastic! Say the phrase "green chilies" and I'm THERE. I've got to make this one.

This is such a great thing...I've been in a big-time rut with my cooking, and it's so much fun to try new things.
Skoots1moM said…
i've already copied it to my hard drive...thanx for sharing...i love white beans and they're awesome mixed with fresh cilantro.
will be making this this next weekend!
Boo to U!!! ha ha
I've never tried white chili. Sounds interesting.
Kim said…
This is a favorite at our house! We prefer the white to red chili. Mmm, my mouth is watering just thinking about it!
Merrie said…
My husband will LOVE this one! He loves white beans and chicken. I will certainly have to try it!

Popular posts from this blog

THAT kind of neighbor, Toilets, Accidental Brunette-dness and the RD

Random Dozen October 7

S-kating along plus another Random Dozen