WFMW- Brown Sugar


Everybody's grandma probably told them about this, but I was surprised when a friend wasn't aware...
To keep brown sugar soft (i.e. eliminate the useless bricks after you stock up on it during holiday baking season) keep it in a plastic container with a tight fitting lid (like Tupperware) and put a slice of bread in along with it. I don't know why it works, but it does. The bread doesn't mold, but the sugar stays soft, scoopable and packable.
Head over to Rocks In My Dryer for more helpful hints from other busy folks....

Comments

Katie said…
Interesting! I keep my brown sugar in a container, but I never heard about the slice of bread. I'll have to try that.
Land of Lovings said…
Well, my grandma left that cool tip out! How awesome. I hate it when I need brown sugar and end up finding a big hard lump of unusable sugar!

Thanks for the great tip!
My ADHD Me said…
So this means I can take my chisel out of the silverware drawer!

Popular posts from this blog

THAT kind of neighbor, Toilets, Accidental Brunette-dness and the RD

Random Dozen October 7

S-kating along plus another Random Dozen