It's just what we do



Moms fix the scrapes on their own kids' knees. And the ones on the knees, hips and elbows of their kids' friends...it's just what we do.

Moms swell with pride when their kids do the right thing. If it's easy or hard. It's just what we do.

Lots of moms can't turn down a stray...a kitten left in a dumpster, a hummingbird baby that was too little to fly south, the teenager turned out by his birth parents...it's just what we do.

Moms understand that sometimes, there's nothing at all they can do to ease the hurt. So they just hold you. In their arms and in their hearts. And pray for you. It's just what we do.

Moms tear up when they hear the opening strains of Pomp and Circumstance at graduation and they know their oldest (or middle-est, or young-est) baby is down there on that floor. It's just what we do.

Moms bargain hunt, clip coupons and wait for the sale. And then sacrifice themselves to get you your heart's desire. It's just what we do.

Moms open their homes up to all their kids' friends. And try to share Christ by being the best example they can...after all, we may be the only Bible some people ever read. It's just what we do.

To all the moms in my life: to my mom, who died when I was a young bride; to my precious mother-in-law; to my best friend who loves me enough to ALWAYS tell me the truth; to my amazing sisters-in-law; to my own sister; to my countless friends:

Happy Mother's Day! You are all examples of some of God's finest work!

Comments

Ballerina Girl said…
This is perfect...because it is "just what we do" !

Thanks for sharing
BG

Popular posts from this blog

THAT kind of neighbor, Toilets, Accidental Brunette-dness and the RD

Random Dozen October 7

S-kating along plus another Random Dozen