How can you not smile at this?

I braved not only the Mall (the new Mall-Mall, even tho' it's like 10 years old) and Marshall's on tax-free day, but Wal-Mart. I know. I am insane...but I heard just the cutest thing ever at Marshall's. All to save probably 5 bucks....

There were wall-to-wall people there, with lots of cranky kids and crankier moms. One little boy of about 8 was trying to soothe his little sister, about 4: (my comments that I said in my head are in parentheses)

Him: I know she's angry. And she will probably raise her voice at you. But you don't have to be scared (talking about his mom, I'm assuming)
Her: Really?
Him: She will raise her voice, but don't be scared (Raise her voice, really? Scream and have her head spin around backwards and pea soup come out of her mouth, maybe? I don't know--I didn't see mom, but in that situation, she'd have been justified. And what 8-year-old says 'raise her voice' anyway?)
(Pause)
Her: Well, okay. But I'm going to pray a little bit anyway.


That's what I'm talking about!

Comments

Anonymous said…
beautiful!!

Stephen
My ADHD Me said…
I just hate it when my head starts spinning around and the pea soup comes blasting out!

Popular posts from this blog

THAT kind of neighbor, Toilets, Accidental Brunette-dness and the RD

Random Dozen October 7

S-kating along plus another Random Dozen