Donut holes are smaller than they acutally appear...

Conversely, however, just looking at this picture seems to make my hindquarters expand...sigh.



Lidna, over at 2nd Cup, has a fun meme that I've now actually particpated in for 2 weeks running. I KNOW. So copy, paste and post and pop on over and visit Lid and get in on the linkage love with Mr. Linky.

1. Which is worse: a long, boring meeting or standing in a return/exchange line after Christmas?
Standing in line. Inevitably, I’m next to someone with a suspiciously tubercular cough and within eardrum splitting distance of someone with a toddler who is either a) singing Dora the Explorer or Manny the Handyman or b) pitching a temper tantrum where pea soup comes out or his/her mouth as the head spins around.

2. Except for maybe Rosie O'Donnell or Ann Coulter, nobody likes confrontation, yet we all have to deal with it. When you feel cornered and defensive, do you "bite back" or become passive aggressive?
If I am personally cornered, passive/aggressive. When I see someone/thing else under attack, especially someone who may not be in a position to defend themselves (i.e. the little elderly widow the other day that was told by the DirectTV installer that there was an ‘installation fee’ and to make the check out to him personally), I go on the attack. I can be a real momma bear.

3. Do you know anything about your genealogical background? (What country, culture, ties to prominent historical figures, or other stuff.)
I had an aunt who traced my dad’s side back to the 1700’s in Scotland. Grandma on dad’s side was a cousin of Robert E. Lee, so I’m something like a 16th cousin a dozen or so times removed. On mom’s side, no claim to fame, but I am 1/8 Arapahoe Indian and my granddad was in the Oklahoma Land Rush.

4. What is the quickest way a person can endear him/herself to you?
Mentor, compliment or brag on my kids--especially to someone else, but within my earshot. Be kind to anyone, especially people who aren’t in a position to return the kindness.

5. Cake, pie, cookies, or ice cream? (Note there is no "all of the above" option. You must choose one. Feel free to elaborate on flavor or memories tied to this dessert.) If you'd like, you can share a recipe, but you certainly don't have to.
Hmm…probably cake. Chocolate with chocolate icing. In a bowl with milk poured over it. I know it sounds kind of gross, but that’s how I roll.

6. Females: Do you regularly change your handbag to coordinate with your outfit
?
No. I tend to use a ‘statement bag’ (thank you Clinton and Stacy) and change it with the seasons. Recently decided I am done with cheap handbags and purses. I’m too old and rather than looking cute and hip, they just look cheap. If I am going somewhere formal (wedding, for instance), I do use an evening bag, or something that coordinates.

7. Are you task-oriented or relationship-oriented?
Mostly task oriented. I LOVE being around people, but when I am given a task, I really enjoy the sense of accomplishment I feel when I think I’ve done especially well. I don’t really need anyone to tell me I’ve done well, not that the odd accolade is unwelcome. I find that the control-freak in me appreciates the control I have in a task over the chaos that some relationships have. And even if Excel makes me want to tear my hair out, it’s never pouted or called me a name or gossiped about me.

8. IHOP, Bob Evans or Cracker Barrel?
Cracker Barrel. IHOP’s season fries rock, tho’. Don’t have a Bob Evans and not sure what it is.

9. Have you ever left a movie in progress in a theater? Why?
Twice. When I was a little bitty girl (maybe 3-4—I’d have to check the release date) I got very sick during the 10 Commandments, with Charlton Heston. Threw up pretty much everywhere. My dad actually sat through the end of the movie with my sister while Mom and I waited in the (COLD-wintertime) car. And the first time I saw Mad Max, even tho’ I hearted Mel Gibson, I had to leave when it was implied that severe cruelty would be inflicted on a child. I can’t do movies where kids are threatened and/or hurt. Totally agreeing with Lidna about Slumdog...


10. What is one area of life in which you would like to develop more discipline or organization?

My desk. Sigh.

11. Was middle school fun or painful?
It was mostly fun. I was a top dawg in middle school. My parents hadn’t yet become ill, my sister had moved away from home (we never got along), and I was a straight-A and popular student. I pretty much loved it, but having reached my full height at age 12, was uncomfortable dancing with boys who were eye-level with my non-existent bust line during the mandatory square-dancing. Come to think of it, PE in general was painful. Especially those awful, horrible blue romper things on which we had to embroider our name using white thread.

12. What is your favorite Fall beverage?
Not necessarily restricted to Fall, but I love a good cup of coffee. With Pumpkin Spice flavoring in the fall, I guess.

Comments

Your answer to #1 made me laugh. Because it's oh-so-true!
Ack! The tubercular cough!

#6 is making me feel ... tacky? I have no statement bag. Stacy and Clinton will probably not be my BFFs anymore.

#9 The 10 Commandments answer is strangely fascinating.

Glad you jumped in this week again1
Susanne said…
Oh I forgot about the sick person in line. Yuck.
quilly said…
#6 Statement bag. Yeah, that's what I have. It's blue denim and looks like an old pair of jeans. That's the perfect statement for a beach state dweller.

Popular posts from this blog

THAT kind of neighbor, Toilets, Accidental Brunette-dness and the RD

Random Dozen October 7

S-kating along plus another Random Dozen