The Random # 8



Lidna over at 2nd Cup of Coffee is continuing her fun Random Dozen meme this week. Pop on over and link up at her place.

1. Candy corn: Your thoughts?
Eh…it’s ok. Not my favorite Halloween candy. Good for making fake vampire teeth when you stick them over your own teeth. When I do eat them, which is a seldom occurrence, I have to bite off each color successively from the pointy part first. I think I am now officially weird. And oh-so-OCD.

2. Briefly, what was the first conversation you ever had with your spouse? (or best friend, if you're not married.) (Or someone significant, like your librarian.)
I was walking into concert choir room and he said, “You have great lips!” I don’t remember how I replied.

3. Could you ever become a vegetarian?
If I had access to Dion’s Santorini pizza, probably.

4. Have you ever dressed up your pet in a costume?
Claire has a coat that looks like a Santa outfit. Tyler bought it for her last year for Christmas, oddly enough. She really loves it. We ask her if she wants to put her Christmas dress on and she gets the elation thing. She loves being warm. Likes all her coats (yes, she has more than one), but her Christmas dress is the favorite. It looks a little weird on St. Patrick's day, though.

(I realize she doesn't look elated here. But she is. Really.)


5. Name something about childhood that you miss (like Clark Bars, Teaberry Gum, Malibu Barbie, cracking fake eggs on people's heads with your fist and "It's the Great Pumpkin" airing only once a year).
Taco flavored Doritos (NOT Nacho cheese)

6. Have you ever won a trophy? If not, what do you deserve a trophy for?
I won Student of the Year in the 9th grade. But they didn’t give me a trophy. I deserve a trophy for putting on the best church retreats, evah!

7. When do you think is the appropriate time to begin playing Christmas music each year?
After Thanksgiving. Unless it’s Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer or the Dogs barking Jingle Bells. That would be never. Thankyouverymuch.


8. What's your favorite board game?

Apples to Apples. Also love Phase 10 (card game, not board). My daughter loves loves loves to play games. She badgers us and organizes it and we never regret it.

9. How do you feel about surprises (receiving, not giving)?
Gifts? Yes. Parties? No. I like mostly little surprises, not big ones. And they have to be the good kind. Unpleasant of any kind—nu uh.

10. Is it easy for you to say, "I'm sorry?"
Yes. And often times I apologize for things that I shouldn’t or have no responsibility for.

11. What is your favorite candle scent?
Yankee Candle Clean Cotton. Not a huge fan of the vanillas, pumpkin spice, cookie dough or other 'cooking smells' type. That being said, a friend gave me a soy Applewood candle for my birthday that smells heavenly.

12. October is traditionally "open house" time in public schools. If you had a literal open house in your home (like a reception) what light snacks would you serve visitors and what would you show them (as in art projects, graded papers) that would uniquely represent you.
Homemade jalapeno poppers. Works for both. I’m spicy on the outside and even a little salty, and on the inside I have a surprisingly sweet creamy center.

After the world's best retreat this year (happening Oct 30-Nov 1), I'll be reupping 2 Truths and a Lie. Is it wrong that I'm such a good liar?

Comments

Joyce said…
laughing at the candy corn...as I read it I was thinking, yes, that is how I eat them too...the Santa suit is cute-little dogs can totally get away with the whole outfit thing.

Have a great day!

Popular posts from this blog

THAT kind of neighbor, Toilets, Accidental Brunette-dness and the RD

Random Dozen October 7

S-kating along plus another Random Dozen