Thursday, October 1, 2009
Two Truths and a Lie
Have all of you played that icebreaker game called Two Truths and a Lie? You put on a name tag and list 2 things that are true about yourself and one that is a lie. People try to guess which is which and in talking, they get to know you better. This is a game-meme thing kind of like that. Post some sets of 3…2 truths and a lie. And then come back here and do some linkage love. Here are mine:
Animal Planet (Please don’t tell P.E.T.A!)
1. Finding a dead gerbil (mummified) in the air conditioning/heater system in our Jeep. No wonder it always smelled funny when we turned it on.
2. Finding half (top half) of our hamster, Cinnamon on the living room rug. The cat ate the bottom half.
3. Starting the car one cold winter morning and hearing a terrible racket. Opening the hood and finding a bull snake curled around the engine. In pieces.
Emergency Room for Dummies
1. Breaking my pinkie when I get stuck going down a slide with my nephew in my lap. I weighed about 97 lbs at the time and was scary-skinny.
2. Breaking my whole body falling off a driveway while toilet papering.
3. Having my son Tanner break his thumb 3 days later at school. His teacher didn’t believe him, and thinking he was disrespectful, she made him stand by his desk for the entire class period.
Take this job and…well you get the idea
1. Delivering singing telegrams as a part-time job in college.
2. Getting stuck in the belly of a C-130 airplane I was ‘investigating’ (read: poking around, unauthorized).
3. Going to a loan closing in someone’s house where they kept live goats. I guess it’s better than dead goats. They informed me their goats sleep in the bed with them. That’s just…wrong on so many levels.
Tomorrow, I’ll come back with the big “reveal.” You can find out which ones are true and which ones aren’t. Let’s play!