Lidna over at 2nd Cup has her Labor Day edition of the Random Dozen posted. Play along and link up, won’t you?
1 Describe the best sandwich in the world, according to you.
I make an absolutely amazing grilled cheese.
Don’t let the mundane name fool you. It will change your life. You’re welcome.
2. Which inspires you more: a good conversation, a song, a book or movie?
Hard question! I think possibly conversation will inspire me to pray, and song will inspire me to worship, a book to write a blog and a movie (depending on the movie) to sleep…I am terrible. Ted says I am like the little baby dolls...once my head tips past a certain angle, my eyes slam shut. I have yet to see The Matrix in one sitting…I always fall asleep about the time the Oracle lights up her cigarette….
3. What is your favorite board game?
I LOVE games! Catchphrase, Apples to Apples, Phase 10...although none of them require “boards,” I think this is what Lidna meant. I also like cribbage, just bought Farkle and I’m dying to try Quelf…
4. As you grow older, are you more or less patient with small children?
Teeny-weenies, I am more patient (as in, those who are not yet able to move from point A to point B under their own power. The ones from ages 3-7-ish, not so much.
5. Name one item you never let yourself run out of.
Toilet paper. I have four teenagers. Ever try to clear a line when somebody flushed a paper towel? And remember this? You never know when you're going to need toilet paper. Just sayin'.
6. Do you agree with Tennyson's assertion, "'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all?"
Oh, yes! The joy is in the journey and what you are able to take from it.
7. Name one national treasure or monument that you have visited.
The Grand Canyon. One of God’s masterpieces.
8. Which is more painful, to be disappointed in someone else or to be disappointed in yourself?
I think it’s more painful to be disappointed in someone else. I am regularly disappointed in myself, so I’ve come to expect it. It’s those times when it hits you out of the blue from someone you didn’t expect that hurt more. Maybe it’s the disillusionment?
9. What makes your kitchen uniquely yours?
I have a cross stitch in a frame…it’s a little bear with really burly arms that says “I love a man with dishpan hands.” It's kind of a double entendre. And then, there’s my refrigerator. I am one of those annoying people who have about 3000 photos as well as miscellaneous detritus that may or may not apply or be current in my life. It’s not just the door. It’s every side reachable.
10. Are you a crafty person?
Maybe? A little bit? I stitched that picture up there....
11. What is your favorite traditional picnic or bbq (cookout) food?
Steak. Good and rare.
12. Name one leisurely activity you enjoyed over Labor Day Weekend.
BUT on the Tuesday-Wednesday before that, three of my closest friends and I took the day and went to Pagosa Springs, Colorado. That’s a whole blog in itself!THAT my friend, was leisure at it's finest
Please play along, won’t you?