End of an Era, beginning of an Age...




About a week ago, this photo was taken of youngest son.

He is a happy, agreeable, sweet, sweet baby. EVERYBODY loves him.
He has three doting older siblings who do anything to get him to belly laugh.
He winked (on request) at 9 months, loves to snuggle and is his big sister’s best friend and favorite toy. He didn’t walk, however, until he was 17 months old. Seemed he didn’t have to; he would look at an object, a location he wanted to be, or food he wanted to eat, and point and grunt and any of the sibs would be sure to grant his wish. He didn’t see a need to walk when his loyal subjects would grant any wish he had.
Yes, about a week ago. Then I blinked.




Tanner is an amazing artist. He gets this from his dad, not from me. He can pretty much whip the socks off anyone who challenges him in any video game ever developed, and has beaten every song on ‘expert’ on all three versions we have of Guitar Hero. He is very particular about his clothing (jeans MUST be Levi 511 Super Skinny) and his hair (we go to the shop at least once a month). He's funky (next week we're tie-dyeing shirts for camp...he wants to do pants, too). He wears socks ALL the time, unless he's showering or swimming. He’s saved up (from odd jobs like $1 a day walking dogs and birthday money) about 90% of what he needs to buy himself a laptop. He holds my heart in the palm of his hand.

On Saturday he turned 13.

I am now ‘officially’ the mother of four teenagers. The guy who does my hair told me that it’s an old wives’ tale that if you pluck a grey hair, two more will grow in it’s place. He did warn me against plucking, however. Seems he’s afraid I’ll go bald….

Comments

Dawn said…
I know the feeling...

I hit this same stage of life last October. The thing that struck me the most is that *I* can't possibly be old enough for both my kids to be teens.

Thanks for stopping by my blog - I'm guessing you connected through 2nd Cup of Coffee? Come back anytime. I've back tracked some through your blog and enjoyed getting to know you a little. I'll be back!

Blessings!

Popular posts from this blog

THAT kind of neighbor, Toilets, Accidental Brunette-dness and the RD

Random Dozen October 7

S-kating along plus another Random Dozen