I really wasn't planning on doing this, but the bloodshot eyes in the post below started to creep me out a little. Join Lidna over at 2nd Cup for the 2009 final edition of Random Dozen
1. Do you find it gross to share drinks with family? Friends?
No. Well, yes. Are they older than 12? Because the whole backwash thing totally gags me. Ted used to take a ½ gallon of milk to work to use throughout the week for cereal and the like. People kept drinking it from the communal refrigerator, even tho’ it was clearly labeled “Ted.” Once, during a station meeting held in the break room, he took it out, took a big swig of it, swished it around and spit it back in the container. Then he said, “By the way, this is MY milk!” No one ever drank his milk again. He is a legend at the ABQ Airport…(sorry, probably not something you wanted to read with your morning coffee).
2. What have you learned this year? (You didn't see a question of that weight coming, did you? At least not for #2.)
I’ve learned (finally) that when I submit and am willing when God chooses to stretch me, I am much more abundantly blessed by him. And also, that once you get in the habit of praying with someone on a regular basis, you quickly become addicted.
3. When do you dismantle the Christmas decorations?
Usually on the 1st or 2nd. This year, they are already down, because we’ve decided to finish off part of the garage for a boys’ bedroom and we needed to git 'er dun.
4. Something you wish to accomplish before the end of 2009 is:
Get all of my Notary Signing Agent bookkeeping done. It’s not possible, but you did say “wish.”
5. How do you feel about winter (after Christmas)?
As long as it isn’t windy, I don’t mind it. I have lots of warm clothes. It seldom gets below 10 degrees here.
6. Have you participated in after-Christmas sales?
Yes. Yes, I have.
7. Do you have plans for New Year's Eve?
Ted is working at 4 a.m. on New Year’s Day, so I’ll probably be in bed by 10 p.m. or so. Or my BFF will call me and we’ll play board games and eat skeevy junk food and watch movies with all the kids.
8. Is there anything special awaiting you in January?
My two oldest sons have birthdays. We’re partnering with Crown Financial at church to do a big workshop. I will be able to meet with my women’s Bible study group again…
9. If your life this year was a movie, what category or genre would it be? (Romance, Comedy, Drama, Thriller, Suspense, Farcical, etc.)
A farcical dramedy?
10. How much time per day do you spend blogging? Please do not lie. I will know.
As long as you don’t ask about facebook…and do you mean reading or writing? And how legalistic can I get with one question?
11. Who runs your household?
We iz a team. There is no “I” in team. I’m the idea girl (usually), Ted is the implementation boy...
12. Share one hope/dream for 2010.
Whirled peas. Hmm…it’s my 30th wedding anniversary year. Maybe a cruise?