Lidna over at 2nd Cup has been hosting this meme for 14 weeks. I haven't done all 14, and actually have been told by a friend that she quit reading my blog when I WAS doing them....but that being said....welcome back!
1. Which Wizard of Oz character are you most like?
I’m thinking Toto, because I can get all yappy when I'm excited and Toto was a Silky Terrier, just like Claire. And having 4 kids, high excitement can also lead to leakage (sorry--probably too much information) like many small dogs. However, my husband and kids might say on occasion the Wicked Witch….
2. When you're deciding what you're going to wear each morning, which item do you select first? Why?Top or blouse…make-up considerations. I don’t matchy- match, but I wear warm with warm, cool with cool..
3. What kind of animal do you think the world could live without?
Do cockroaches count as an animal? I hate snakes, but know we’d be overrun with rodents without them. I figure that God, in His wisdom, created each with a purpose, and even if they annoy or creep me out, they are here for a reason.
4. How many Christmas trees are in your home?One inside. I have 3 little alpine trees for the front porch tho’. And I did the decorate FAIL last weekend and still have to do that at home. Work (church), however, looks loverly.
5. Would you prefer to be emotionless if it mean you didn't have to feel a heartbreak?
No. Actually, once upon a time I was over-prescribed meds for depression and this happened to me. It was abysmally empty. Stoicism is highly overrated.
6. Do you ever experience holiday let-down or depression?
Yes. My mom died between Christmas and Thanksgiving, and I fight that every year.
7. Do you like Michael Jackson's music?
Not so much to listen to, but break it out at a wedding reception and I’m dancing to Thriller with all the rest of the
8. Why is it that we never judge people who have their teeth fixed for cosmetic reasons, but every other cosmetic procedure has a stigma?
Because we can justify it that if you have orthodontia to fix your teeth, it was really because they were so crooked you couldn’t chew properly. And more people are afraid of dentists than they are of cosmetic surgeons, so the facing the fear of the dentist cancels out the vanity. Sometimes I wish I could get a little tuck here and a little plump there, but...dang! That stuff is expensive!
9. Enjoy horseback riding?
Yes. First job was mucking out stalls at the local racetrack. Didn’t ride any of them, but the proximity assuaged my 13-year-old horse madness some.
10. Shoes--practical or stylish?
Practical for everyday, stylish for special occasions, and both when manageable! Since the unfortunate tp'ing debacle, stylish is tricky still—foot and ankle are still weak and cause pain.
11. What was the name of your first pet? Feel free to post a pic.
Peppy, short for Pepito. A little Chihuahua that my parents got when I was six months old. He died when I was away at camp at the age of 16. At least, that was their story. Typically, I hate Chihuahuas…
but Peppy was my constant companion and I loved him beyond reason. I was devastated when I came home to find him gone.
12. What percentage of your Christmas shopping is done?
I’m undecided on that. I am toying with the idea of practicing the ideas here….
Head on over to Linda's and link up!