When will the extravaganza end? Never, I hope! Lidna at 2nd Cup is hosting another edition of Random Dozen. Join in and link up!
1. Which physical trait do you now accept--maybe not love, but accept--and no longer feel extremely self-conscious about?
I have a lazy eye…my kids tease me and tell me they can’t tell who I’m yelling at, and often times I catch people peeking over their shoulders to see who I am talking too. Nevermind, I’m still self-conscious.
2. This week Meredith Baxter Birney, best known as the mom on the favorite 80s sitcom "Family Ties" came out of the closet, which led me to formulate this question: Who do you think is/was the best TV mom?
I liked Ann Romano (Bonnie Franklin from One Day at a Time) and Claire Huxtable (Felicia Rashad from the Cosby Show). They were both pretty unflappable. I long to be unflappable. I'm pretty much a fish on a dock, though.
3. Do you speak any foreign languages? Are there any you'd like to learn?
I am quite fluent in pig latin, thank you very much.
4. Who is your personal hero?
My mom and my Aunt Edna…but they were heroines…were we gender-limiting this?
5. What is one holiday food that you find extremely difficult to resist over- indulging in?
Toffee bars...evil. Butter, saltines, eagle brand milk, brown sugar and chocolate chips.
6. Tell me about a Christmas decoration that has special meaning or sentimental value.
I have a handmade bird’s nest on a spring-type clothespin that my mom made when she was little. I also have a little silver spray painted walnut my dad made when he was a boy scout. My tree is NOT a matchy-match tree. My daughter told a friend the other day that our tree looked like Santa threw up. Each year I get the kids an ornament that reflects something about their year. Then when they leave the house and have their own tree, they will have some ornaments to start with. No, my tree is still not up. Don’t judge me.
7. How do you feel about snow?
It’s pretty. It’s white. It’s a pain to drive on. I love the way the earth is quiet when it’s early in the morning after a fresh blanket of it. I live in the high desert of NM, so while we see some, we aren't like many of you. Generally when it snows here, it hangs around only for a day or so, with a few exceptions.
8. On average, how many hours of sleep do you get each night? Not that I'm jealous of any number over three or anything.
I think I average around five hours of sleep a night. I am constantly tired.
9. Tell me about your first crush.
Ralph Roybal. We were four years old. He passed away when I was pregnant with Tanner, 14 years ago this month.
10. You're stuck in a room for 2 hours with only a chalkboard and chalk. What will you write/draw?
Flowers? Can I just take a nap? See # 8.
11. Do you dress for the current temp or for the day's forecast?
Kind of both…and the sweaters go on and off…
12. Favorite Christmas movie is?
I love Elf. And there used to be an old made-for-television version of The Littlest Angel. It makes me cry every time.