Lock 'N Load


This weekend (Sunday night, to be exact) I won’t be gett
ing much sleep.

I am chaperoning at a Youth Christmas Lock-In. For the uninitiated, this is a night of torture fun and games that generally begins about 9 p.m. and ends the next morning at 8 a.m. Once they arrive, they won’t be allowed to leave until the next morning. Hence, the “Lock In.” We’ll begin with some icebreaker games, have devotional and worship time, a white elephant exchange, more games, watch a movie or three…interspersed with eating, laughing and general good times. And, OHHH! This is the exciting part! My friends will bring us Chicken Minis from Chick-fil-A in the morning for breakfast. That alone, may be what keeps me going for the whole eleven hours. I’m afraid to fall asleep, for what the little darlings, grades 6 through 12, might do to me….

So…what’s the most unusual white elephant gift you’ve given or received? And any suggestions for some fun games? My daughter is in charge of that and we’re always looking for more. Two hours of games is a long, long, long long time…especially when it happens at 2 a.m.

Say a prayer for me. Maybe tie a rope around my middle so you can pull me out if I die in there…..and I’ll check back in post-lock in with some photos and a recap.

Comments

My ADHD Me said…
Merry Christmas + 1!!!
My ADHD Me said…
oh yeah, so did you get TP'ed while you were sleeping....lol

Popular posts from this blog

THAT kind of neighbor, Toilets, Accidental Brunette-dness and the RD

Random Dozen October 7

S-kating along plus another Random Dozen